One thing I’m not afraid of is being myself especially in a relationship. When I started dating I came off a little shy but still myself because I was unsure of what I wanted so I was kind of becoming a door mat. My boyfriends or the guys I’ve dated thought they had me wrapped around their finger but little did they know they were slowly pushing me away. Soon they had to find someone else to wrap their fingers around.
Fast forward to now. I refuse to be a stepping mat because I finally understand myself and what I want. From each bad relationship or dating experience I took one thing I liked about the guy and decided that will be my perfect guy. No one is perfect but we all have that one who is perfect for just them. From the people you’ve dated in the past can you write down 5-10 traits you want in your perfect partner?
- Good dresser
- Relax mood
- Family oriented
- Goal getter
- Positive Attitude
Think about why those traits stuck out to you. Why is that important to have that in your life?
- I’m into fashion and I want a man that will look good beside me. He doesn’t have to be in a suit and tie but I would like him put together well.
- For my mood I can go up and down. It’ll be great to have someone that can chill me out.
- Cuddling I love attention and affection especially in the morning.
- I love to cook and I love to eat. It’ll be a nice change to have someone else in the kitchen.
- My family is spread out all over the place so it can be weird at time sharing and being open with family when they aren’t always there. Have someone that I can watch to help me become more open.
- There are two types of people a dreamer and a doer. I need someone that is willing to do things when I’m down and vice versa.
- No one wants to be down at time so it’s great to have someone that can find the sun even on a rainy day.
Now you know the traits you’re looking for and you know why now write down traits on what you can give to your perfect partner.
- Open minded
From the traits that you are willing to give write down why you want to give that.
- I think cooking for someone is special. I don’t do it for everyone
- I love to show affection
- I want to make sure he knows what ever is going on it’ll be fun and okay.
- When it comes to two people coming together it can be a struggle at times but I’m open to understand and try knew things.
- No one is a mind reader I will let you know
- I want to grow with someone even in the bad
- I want them to lean on me and I’ve lend a hand when needed
- I care about people’s feelings so much. I think twice before doing it.
Was it hard for you to pick out your traits? If so maybe it’s time to reflect on yourself. If you’re ready to be in a relationship with your perfect match you’ll know you’re ready because you would want to give your all. For greatness to work you have to be up for the challenge or it’ll be a problem before it starts. There will be bumps in the road and it’s up to both of you to give and take because your giving him part of you that he might not have to give back. It’s up to both of you to work together and be strong together.
I hope you enjoy this week’s post. Don’t forget to like this post and subscribe to my blog if you haven’t already.
Sincerely, Courtney Renee