Yesterday I had the chance to volunteer at a natural hair event called “The Curl Hangout” in Durham, NC. I helped with their social media posts. I always hear a lot about natural hair events everywhere else and it was great to finally have an event near me. You know I couldn’t miss the opportunity. The panel for this event was phenomenal and the ladies gave us some tips about hair such as
- Oil your hair last. Oil locks your hair from getting moisture.
- Transition at your own pace. Transition to fit your lifestyle.
- Don’t big shop if you’re not ready.
- Low maintenance when transitioning.
- The right hair tools make a difference.
- Water evaporates from your hair every 3 days.
I also had a chance to meet and talk to women that had the same questions and concerns as I did. This was such an awesome event and hope Clarissa who coordinated it all continues this event in the future.
As I was working the event I had the chance to also record a little bit for you all. I could leave you all hanging! Check it out and also check out the Instagrams of the ladies on the panel and the vendors. The links are down below under the video. To make sure you don’t miss out on any events by The Curl Hangout follow The Curl Hangout for their future events!
- Photography: Zim Zoom Photo-booth
- Women Empowerment: Worthy Women NC
Sincerely, Courtney Renee