Hi Aspirers, it’s been a rough year. To be honest, a lot of us have had rough YEARS! How do you find joy or happiness when there’s so much negativity going on? How are you justifying your happiness? Are you chasing it? How do you hold on to happiness once you’ve found it? What will happen if you lose it?
Other than love we are wanting to find happiness. The definition of being happy is feeling or showing pleasure or contentment. It’s like taking a bite of your favorite dessert. The flavor explodes in your mouth. That taste brings back the feeling when you first tried this dessert. It’s more than just that moment. It’ll stick with you.
For you to be happy, you need to define what is happiness means to you. Happiness is more than just that generic definition. Sometimes we can’t put our feelings into words. It’s just the state of being present at that moment in time.
Take some time and think about how you define your happiness. If you are having some trouble here are some ways.
- Recall memories that put a smile on your face.
- Look back at your achievements. You’ve come this far.
- Enjoy things as is not what it could be. If you focus on things that aren’t then you won’t see the value of it.
- Valuing yourself. How you look at yourself is a big factor in your feelings.
- Value your relationships with your family, friends, and colleagues. Most of the time we are spending time with others. We sometimes take these relationships for granted and miss out on what we get out of them.
- Surround yourself with positive people in your circle. When we are down reassurance is key to know it’ll be okay.
- Try new things. You never know if you like something until you try it.
- Do the things you love. You already know the feeling you get from that experience and it’s nothing wrong with doing it again.
- Take time to reflect. We are always on go that we sometimes forget what just happened which means we didn’t take time to enjoy that moment.
- Open yourself up for change. Things can’t stay the same. With the change, we find out new things about ourselves.
Clearly, there are more than ten ways to find your own joy, these are just the few that works for me. Maybe some of these can work for you as well. One of the most valuable lessons I’ve learned to appreciate is change. Coming into 2020 it was a BIG DEAL! It probably was a big deal for you too. One special moment that will be happening this year is my 30th birthday. I bought my plane ticket and I was expecting great things. Unfortunately, my trip won’t be happening but my birthday is still worth celebrating. Even though I can’t travel to my island getaway I can still find pleasures in doing something else such as a photo shoot.
Check out my new vlog. Come along with me while I do my everyday routine but also getting ready for my shoot. I didn’t want to vlog my shoot but I didn’t want to give anything away but I can tell you it’s awesome!
Let’s talk soon! Courtney Renee