Hi Aspirers, have you ate something so good that you were in shock? Like it’s too good to be true. Well, this pumpkin pie dump cake will have you in shock!
I’ve been seeing various dump cake recipes on Tiktok, and I’ve been wanting to give it try. For those that don’t know what a dump cake is, it’s a cake but, instead of being able to slice the cake and serve, you scoop it out and dump it onto your plate. When I saw a dump cake for pumpkin, I finally decided I was going to attempt to make this because I love pumpkin everything. You all, I’m not a baker but I was will to give this a shot. I’m glad I did.
First, I’m going to warn you I didn’t follow the actual recipe for the dump cake. The original recipe was too basic for me, and I needed to step it up. Nine times out of ten, I usually don’t follow the recipes, but as long as it turns out good, it’s worth it. Anything I put in bold for this recipe will be my version and the regular font is the original recipe.
Let’s get started!
15 oz Pumpkin Pie filing
12 oz evaporated milk (8 oz almond milk and 4 oz of pumpkin spice coffee creamer)
1 cup of sugar (1/2 cup of regular sugar and 1/2 cup of light brown sugar)
1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice seasoning (1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie extract)
1 teaspoon of salt (Pinch of salt)
Cinnamon (I didn’t measure)
Yellow cake mix
2 sticks of butter
Preheat oven 350 degrees
1. Add your pumpkin pie filling into a mixing bowling
2. Add in your milk. I didn’t have evaporated milk, that is why I used 8 oz Almond milk. I wanted more pumpkin pie flavor, and I mixed in 4 oz pumpkin spice coffee creamer.
3. Add your 4 eggs
4. After you added your eggs pour in 1 cup of sugar. Again, I wanted more flavor but if you don’t have brown sugar regular sugar is fine. When making this I wanted to add in similar ingredients that you would in a regular pumpkin pie. I like brown sugar in my pie. I mixed in 1/2 cup regular sugar and 1/2 cup light brown sugar.
5. Next, 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice extract. I used extract instead of seasoning because of cost. The cost of the seasoning was $5 compared to $2 of extract. I didn’t want to spend $5 on a spice.
6. Just add a pinch of salt. I tapped the salt 3 times. I’m not a big salt person but I understand that salt brings out the flavor more, but I didn’t see the need to add 1 teaspoon because the butter I’m going to use will have salt in it.
7. While I was mixing all my ingredients, I realized I forgot to add cinnamon. Add as much or as little as you want. It’s up to you. Again, I added these ingredients because in pumpkin pie I add cinnamon and wanted to incorporate that in this cake.
8. Continue to mix until everything is mixed well. Then pour into a greased pan. Depending on how deep you want your cake will depend on the size you want to use.
9. Pour your yellow cake mix on top. It’s very important not to mix the cake mix and the pie mixture. With a flat spoon gently spread the mixture across the top.
10. After the mixture is spread add your pecans. This is optional. Spread as much or as little as you want. I found a small package of chopped pecans and I used the entire package.
11. Place your butter in a microwave-safe measuring cup or bowl and melt the butter. After that is melted, pour over your cake. The butter I’m using is salted cream milk butter. Which I highly recommend.
Your oven should have heated by now. Place your cake in the oven for 1 hr. After 1 hour, take that cake out, grab a large spoon to dump it into a bowl.
You can enjoy it as is or add a scoop of ice cream.
Doesn’t this look DELICIOUS! It’s really good and it’s even better the next day. To store, I scooped all the cake into a container and placed it in the refrigerator. When I want some, I reheat the amount I want in the microwave for 30 seconds.
After preparing this dump cake, I’m looking forward to making more in other flavors. For those that like sweet potatoes pies you could use this same recipe just substitute the pumpkin filling for sweet potatoes. You might have to figure out the cooking time. I could see this cake being prepared for holidays and parties. I’m not a big cake person but I enjoy this a lot.
Let me know in comments if you’re planning on making this, let me know how you liked it, or just say hello.
Talk soon, Courtney Renew